We are looking for a Technical Writer for our Global Operations team to add to our existing team serving all our hubs in Europe. You will have direct access to data produced by our team of security analysts. Not only that, you will also have access to research teams and a lot of other cool stuff! The primary task is fun and challenging: analyze data and produce a story for our customers on a monthly basis.
What can we offer you?
Working at Orange Cyberdefense will give you the chance to develop both personally and professionally. New challenges are our favorite challenges. Orange Cyberdefense has an environment with a high rate of change and quick decision-making combined with sensitivity to our employees. We believe that by providing an atmosphere where we try to have fun at work and love what we do, we will also get the best end results. We offer a generous benefit package including a company car, pension plan, and a financial contribution to be spent on a gym card, massage, sport, or any other activity that will encourage your wellbeing.
About the role and how we work
We could tell you a story about a blank page and tons of data. Soon after, that same page would become filled with text, with a narrative woven through the data. Each month we have the task of crafting a story that summarizes what happened for each of our customers. The data is structured so that the stories are there, but we need a talented individual to find them.
We'll provide plenty of opportunities for education and training, as well as documentation to help get you up and running. We also have significant experience in the area, so there are many friends to ask. The systems we use are very standardized which means that there will be a select few systems that you would get your data from.
Now you might be wondering, what else do we offer? Well, in addition to the monthly report writing, there will be opportunities to engage with other teams working in other interesting areas. You might collaborate with other brilliant minds on quantitative or qualitative projects, documenting the findings from our knowledge base.
You will be a part of the Global Operations team and you will work closely together with our other Technical Writers.
Who are you?
- You have experience in writing technical reports or academic documentation
- You have flawless English with a passion for excellence in written communication. We produce all of our reports in English so this is a requirement
- Interest in working within cybersecurity (prior experience in the field is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Technical degree is a plus, but not a requirement
- PhD in any field is a plus
- You have experience interpreting graphs and statistics
- Experience creating graphs and visualizations is a plus (such as showing developments over time, comparisons, etc.)
- Familiarity with at least one programming language is a plus, but not a requirement
- You are organized and always deliver on time
- You enjoy working independently, but have no trouble maintaining an extensive network of cool, nerdy contacts
- Ability to read Swedish, Dutch or German is a plus (but definitely not a requirement!)
- EU or UK work permit required
There is no one fixed ‘ideal candidate’ for this position. You might have a research background in the humanities or social sciences, or you might come from a technical position in industry. What matters most is that you have a passion for producing written documentation to an exceptional standard, and you have a love of pursuing new challenges.
You must also be able to take your own initiative, have the urge to constantly improve and be able to work independently.
If we divert from all the seriousness, we would also like to see a candidate that has a lot of humor and appreciates well-crafted memes.